The 7 Things You Must Do at Magnolia Market
This weekend, Founding Editor Katie is headed to Waco, TX, to speak at a workshop. And no trip to Waco would be complete without a trip to Magnolia! Photographer Paige Mercer shares with her seven must-do's at Magnolia Market!
My best friend and I came up to Dallas for a wedding. We were so close to Waco and completely obsessed with Chip and Joanna and the Silos that it was a must to go visit.
We were smitten upon arrival and not quite sure where to start. But we knew we were going to end up at the bakery last! Some great things to do there:
1. Shop of course! Joanna has so many staples around Magnolia Market, that I definitely didn't want to walk out empty-handed. I personally ended up with a coffee mug that I use on the daily. Had I walked in with a bigger wallet I could have done some serious damage! Even some of the items in Chip's section of the store I was coveting!
2. Grab some popcorn from Chuck's Gourmet Popcorn. There was french toast popcorn. Seriously regretting that we forgot!
3. Eat your way around the grounds at the mobile food trucks! It was SO hard to choose where to grab a bite from! But there is literally something for every type of foodie.
4. Play with the complimentary recreational sports gear. Magnolia has a bunch of different sports balls/games for people that want to get moving!
5. Visit the Seed Supply store because it makes you feel like you've become garden master and give you serious garden envy. Even though (if you're anything like me) your green thumb is about as green as the bark on a tree. *Sorry succulents*
6. Wait in the longest line worth waiting for. The BAKERY! Move over rollercoasters! I'd stand in line for the bakery over those any day. Do yourself a favor now and get one of every cupcake. You won't regret it. Scouts honor! The Lemon Lavender is where it's at!!
7. Enjoy the general splendor that is Magnolia and feel as if you could too become the next Joanna. (Even but for just a moment).