Irish Bread Cream Pudding
Happy St. Patrick's Day, friends! We hope you enjoyed yesterday's post and today, we have a special video from Hampton Road Studios as well as the Irish Cream Bread Pudding recipe from Homespun ATL - enjoy!
● 1 cup Heavy Cream
● 1⁄2 cup Half & Half
● 1⁄2 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
● 6 Eggs
● 1 cup Sugar
● 2 Tbl Vanilla
● 1⁄2 cup Dark Chocolate (Chopped)
● 1⁄2 cup Dried Cherries
● 2 Tbl Butter
● 8 Slices Challah Bread or Pullman (cubed 1 inch thick)
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Generously butter a 2 to 3 quart casserole dish or 10 inch cast Iron Skillet.
- Mix heavy cream, half & half, and Bailey’s Irish Cream together in large bowl.
- Mix sugar and eggs together very well until the mixture is a pale yellow. Add Vanilla then combine sugar egg mixture to the cream mixture.
- Add cubed bread to custard mixture. Then fold in chocolate and cherries.
- Allow the bread to soak up the custard for about 20 minutes before you bake.
- Place the Bread Pudding mixture into casserole dish and place on middle rack of the preheated oven for 2530 minutes. Check with a toothpick to assure the bread pudding is not too gooey. The top should be a nice golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
- You can top it off with Irish Cream Liqueur. I recommend placing the liqueur in the fridge. This will create a nice contrast when serving the bread pudding warm. Serves 6.